Friday 20 July 2012

Turning Points, Third Edition

I'm back in Chattanooga and thankful that I arrived safely after driving 2,400 miles over the course of nine days. I visited archives in Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Hartford, New Haven, Boston,  Concord (New Hampshire), and New York City. I have about a month before the fall semester begins at UTC to plow through the material that I have collected and determine which manuscripts and rare books to include in my forthcoming reader. My hope is to finish a draft of the anthology before the start of the fall semester.

When I went to my office today, I was pleasantly surprised to find a gratis copy of Mark Noll's third edition of Turning Points: Decisive Moments in the History of Christianity from Baker Academic in my faculty mailbox. This is the best single volume on the history of Christianity. It is written primarily to be used in single-semester courses on the history of Christianity. If you only have one semester to cover the major people, themes, and events in church history, Noll's book is the obvious choice for a textbook.

No comments: