Monday 31 December 2012

It's Been a Good Year

2012 has been a good year for me, and I have a lot to be thankful for. I finished my second year of teaching at UTC, and was blessed by another year of great courses and good student evaluations. I am thankful for being able to organize the LeRoy Martin Distinguished Lecturer Series, and for the speakers who lectured at UTC during 2012: Bruce Gordon, Gerald McDermott, Thomas Kidd, Catherine Brekus, Grant Wacker, D. G. Hart, John Fea, and Amanda Porterfield. I look forward to hosting next year's speakers.

In terms of publications, 2012 was a productive year for me. My first book, Enlightened Evangelicalism: The Life and Thought of John Erskine, has been reviewed twelve times. I worked very hard this year to complete my anthology, Early Evangelicalism: A Reader, which I turned in to OUP almost a year ahead of schedule. I hope to see it published in 2013. I published two articles and two review articles, and wrote one article using over one hundred manuscript sources. I presented three papers at national conferences and was elected a fellow of the Royal Historical Society. I was also unexpectedly surprised to be selected by Chatter Magazine to be featured in its June 2012 issue on "20 Under 40," which profiled twenty young "movers and shakers" in the Chattanooga area. I hope 2013 will be equally productive for me.



No comments: