Friday 15 February 2013

New Title and Extension

I have a new title at UTC. I am now the Maclellan Visiting Assistant Professor of Religious Studies. The new title reflects the sponsorship of my position by the Maclellan Foundation in Chattanooga.


Nothing has changed in terms of my teaching load or courses--I will continue to teach classes related to religious history, the history of Christianity, and Christian thought--but I have been offered a one-year extension. I was told that the extension came as a result of my scholarly productivity, teaching, and success at organizing the LeRoy Martin Distinguished Lecture Series. This all means that I can continue to work at UTC until the end of the 2014-2015 academic year, unless I am offered a tenure-track post elsewhere. After the spring of 2015, who knows what will happen. But for the time being, I'm very grateful to be doing what I love.

No comments: