Thursday 16 May 2013

Cover, Proofs, and Blurb for Early Evangelicalism: A Reader

I've now received the cover image and pdf proofs for Early Evangelicalism: A Reader. The book looks fantastic, and I'm glad to say that the forty-six images within the book also look very good.

I should be able to post the cover image of the book very soon, once it has been officially approved by the folks at Oxford University Press. I can say that the cover image comes from a 19th-century engraving of George Whitefield preaching, but from the perspective of the back of an assembled crowd. I wanted to use an image of Whitefield that (to my knowledge) has never been utilized as cover art for a book.

I'm very grateful to Tommy Kidd for providing a nice blurb for the book. Below is his kind endorsement:



"Jonathan Yeager’s Early Evangelicalism is a definitive document collection on the broad sweep of eighteenth-century evangelical faith. The book’s authors, who hailed from North America, Britain, and the Continent, range from learned theologians to lyrical hymnists and earnest diarists. Anyone interested in evangelical Christianity will profit from Yeager’s wealth of resources." – Thomas S. Kidd, author of The Great Awakening: The Roots of Evangelical Christianity in Colonial America

No comments: