Wednesday 14 August 2013

Religion in American Life

I finished revising my lecture notes for my annual fall course, "Religion in American Life." I absolutely love American religious history, and look forward to teaching this course each fall. Admittedly, it is overwhelming though, in terms of the amount of material to cover, from the period of exploration to the present, while doing justice to various denominations, people groups, race and gender, and non-Christian religions. 
 
The students will be using two required texts for the course:

The students will be taking weekly online quizzes from both texts, and I hope to reserve a significant portion of one day each week to discuss questions that I have developed from the primary sources in Marie Griffith's edited volume.

For my lectures, I have pulled the most information from the following books:
 I look forward to the start of the fall semester next week.

No comments: