Sunday 24 November 2013

AAR

I'm on my way home from the AAR conference at Baltimore. I had a great time visiting with friends, sitting in on a few sessions, enjoying the food and culture of Baltimore, and looking at the titles on display at the book exhibit.

The book exhibit seemed larger than ever. In fact, it was so massive that I was too tired to go to all the booths on one visit. I felt the need to take a break halfway through the exhibit and return to it the following day to finish the tour. I couldn't resist buying Christopher Evans's Histories of American Christianity, Roger Olson's The Journey of Modern Theology: From Reconstruction to Deconstruction, and Paul Harvey's Through the Storm, Through the Night: A History of African American Christianity. Funny story: while purchasing the last title, Paul Harvey was at the Roman and Littlefield booth and noticed that I was purchasing his book. I had never met Harvey, but was happy to ask him to sign my copy.

It was also nice to meet my editors at the Oxford University Press booth, and to see my book, Early Evangelicalism: A Reader, on display. The very kind editorial assistant Marcela Maxfield and marketing associate Alyssa Bender took a picture of me holding my new book and told me that they would be posting the picture on the OUP blog. Stay tuned for that picture.

It's now time to return to Chattanooga, give my final exams on Tuesday, and spend some time working on my current book project.


No comments: