Tuesday 25 March 2014

Can We Trust the Bible?

I've been incredibly busy the last few weeks, which is why my posts have been sparse.

If you are in the Chattanooga area tomorrow (Wednesday, March 26) at 7:30pm, please consider attending a lecture that I am giving entitled, "Can We Trust the Bible?" at the "House."

One of the organizers of the House ministries in Chattanooga asked me to talk on the formation of the biblical canon and the reliability of the scriptures. I will not be giving a sermon. Rather, I intend to take a historical approach in describing how the Bible was put together (the New Testament in particular), what books were included and why, and what we can learn from the variety of genres and narrative perspectives from the New Testament writers. It should be fun, and I hope that it will lead to a fruitful time of q & a.

No comments: