Thursday 6 December 2012

AHA and ASCH at New Orleans

I'm looking forward to attending the AHA and ASCH conferences at New Orleans, from January 3-6. I've only been to New Orleans once. My wife and I went on a cruise and ported at New Orleans for half a day. We arrived the week following Mardi Gras and so there was lots of trash in the streets and very few people up and about (no doubt recovering from the festivities). I'm particularly excited to sample some of the famous gumbo.

From my perspective, one of the most interesting sessions on the AHA program is "The Private Lives and Social Worlds of Eighteenth-Century Religious Women," which will be held on Friday, January 4th from 2:30-3:30pm.

Chair:
Bruce Hindmarsh, Regent College
Papers:
“Your Journal, My Love”: Constructing Personal and Religious Bonds in Eighteenth-Century Women’s Journals
Cindy Aalders, Lincoln College, University of Oxford

I also want to attend the session, "New Directions in the Study of Global Evangelicalism," on Sunday, January 6 from 8:30-10:30am:  

Chair:
Dominic Erdozain, King's College London
Panel:
Jehu J. Hanciles, Fuller Theological Seminary
Mark Hutchinson, University of Western Sydney
Mark A. Noll, University of Notre Dame
Dana L. Robert, Boston University
John Wolffe, The Open University

I noticed that there are several interesting sessions for graduate students and young professors on topics ranging from publishing your dissertation to teaching religious history. 
 

No comments: